|Travel||Travelex is the world's largest foreign exchange specialist.|
Through Travelex, we can offer you a comprehensive range of products and services to take care of all your foreign exchange needs.
- It is recommended that you always take more than one type of payment - some local cash, a Cash Passport Card, and a credit or a debit card. That way, if you have difficulty with any of your products (e.g. your credit card is not accepted or the magnetic stripe is damaged), you will have an alternative payment method. Use a Cash Passport card for your day to day expenses, and a credit or debit card for major purchases.
- As a basic rule of thumb, if your destination has a good ATM network, take most of your travel funds on a Cash Passport card, if not, travellers cheques are better. Cash Passport is ideal for most tourist destinations, including the UK and Europe, USA, Canada, South East Asia, Japan, New Zealand and Australia.
- Get your foreign exchange before you leave home - exchange rates at home are usually better than overseas.
Cash Passport Card
The Multi-currency Cash Passport Prepaid MasterCard® Currency Card is the secure and convenient way to carry up to 10 currencies every time you travel.
Use it online, in store or to withdraw local currency from ATMs – anywhere you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark. Load it with US Dollars, Great British Pounds, Euros, Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars, Singapore Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Japanese Yen and Thailand Baht.
- International ATM Transactions Fee Free1
- Local currency from over 1.9 million ATMs worldwide
- Welcomed online and at over 29 million locations worldwide, with no transaction fee1
- No bank account required
- Quick and simple to buy and to reload
- Use again and again or simply cash out after your trip2
- Manage your Card easily online
- Prepayment helps you keep to your spending plans
- Chip and PIN protected
- No link to your bank account
- 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance
- Free second back-up Card provided
- Free replacement of lost or stolen Cards
- Free emergency cash, up to your available Card balance, should you lose both Cards, subject to availability
- Add up to ten currencies on the same card – AU$, EU€, GB£, NZ$, US$, SG$, HK$, CAD$, JPY¥, THB฿
- Lock in the foreign exchange rate each time you load or reload3
- Load your Card as often as you like2 – take it each time you travel
- Add extra money to your Card anytime, at place of purchase or via BPAY®4
1 Subject to any surcharge that the merchant or ATM operator may apply.
2 Until Card expiry and subject to reload limits. A fee applies for cash outs. See Fees and Limits Table.
3Please note that any reloads are made at the relevant exchange rate on the day that the reload is processed (this varies from day to day).
4Allow up to 2 days for funds loaded via Bpay to appear in your account.
Access Prepaid Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 145 452 044, AFSL 386 837) arranges for the issue of the Multi-currency Cash Passport in conjunction with the issuer, Heritage Bank Ltd (ABN 32 087 652 024, AFSL 240 984).
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
In addition to your Travellers Cheques and/or Cash Passport Card, it is always advisable to carry some local cash to cover taxis, tips, etc upon arrival overseas.
Holiday Money regularly stocks over 35 foreign currencies.
Lost or stolen cash can mean an early end to any holiday or business trip. Unlike cash, lost or stolen Travellers Cheques can be replaced with a single telephone call - usually within 24 hours. They are a safe way to protect yourself against the hassle and inconvenience of losing cash and are widely accepted at banks, hotels and business establishments and shops, both in Australia and around the world.
Travellers' cheques are available in a range of currencies, including United States dollars and English pounds. The currency you select will vary according to your travel destination. The following guide should help, however Travellers’ Cheques are available in other currencies so please check with our member services staff.
Travellers cheques supplied by Travelex are issued via VISA to ensure worldwide acceptance. If your cheques are lost or stolen, a refund is just a phone call away, and takes as little as 30 minutes to organise. Simply report the loss or theft of your Travellers cheques by telephone to the refund centre indicated on your sales advice.
Drafts are the cheapest form of sending money overseas and can be sent by mail. The receiver generally has to pay the draft into an account, and it may take a few days to clear.
Telegraphic Transfers are normally used to directly credit accounts overseas, and are a quicker method of sending funds than drafts.
Subject to acceptability, Travelex will convert Foreign Exchange Currency items into Australian Dollars. So, if you receive a Cheque from overseas, or return from a trip with unused Foreign Cash or Travellers Cheques, you can change them into Australian Dollars without fuss.