Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
|Customer Owned Banking||Join a team that works together for their customers.|
Over 4 million Australians are customers of credit unions and mutual building societies. We meet the same regulatory standards as banks and are prudent and strong financial service providers. The difference between credit unions and the banks is our guarantee to serve our customers first.
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is the code of practice for Australia's customer owned banking institutions (mutual building societies, credit unions, mutual banks and other mutual Authorised Deposit Taking Institutions). The Code has been developed in close consultation with the community, government, consumer groups and our customers.
How does this affect me, as a customer?
The new Code of Practice helps you to easily understand our products and services. It will:
- Outline how you can expect Transport Mutual to behave towards you as a customer.
- Ensure that all written materials are in plain English and that there are clear distinctions made between terms and conditions and promotional offers
- Ensure that all payment fees and exception fees are fair to you
- Ensure that you always have access to the right advice
Our 10 key promises to you
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- We will focus on our customers
- We will give you clear information about our products and services
- We will be responsible lenders
- We will deliver high customer service and standards
- We will deal fairly with any complaints
- We will recognise customer rights as owners
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community
- We will support and promote this Code of Practice.
Read all about the advantages of membership or learn more about what we offer and how to become a customer by clicking on one of the links below.