|Privacy Statement||Here is our Privacy Statement so you always feel your information is safe.|
Our Commitment to the National Privacy Principles
In managing your personal information, the Credit Union is committed to complying with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) and the Mutual Banking Code of Practice.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Credit Union collects personal information from you when you apply for membership, when you apply to use our products and services, and when you advise us of changes to your personal information.
We collect information to enable us to:
- provide membership benefits to you;
- provide you with products and services you require; and
- provide you with information about products and services available to you from the Transport Mutual Credit Union Limited and associated businesses, including information about discounts, competitions, and special offers.
This information may include matters relating to:
- contact details;
- financial information;
- taxation information (including a tax file number); and
- health information.
You agree that personal information about you which may at any time be provided to us in connection with a facility for which application is made may be held and used by us to assess and process the application, to establish, provide and administer the facility and to execute your instructions.
You agree, if you make application for credit to us or if you act as a guarantor in respect of credit we may provide, that, in assessing the application (or, if relevant, in assessing whether to accept you as a guarantor), we may seek and obtain personal information about you from a credit reporting agency or other financial institution and may give personal information about you to another financial institution. You also agree that we may hold and use personal information about you, which may at any time be provided to us in connection with a facility for which you make application to us, for the purposes (as relevant) of:
- considering any other application you may make to us;
- complying with legislative and regulatory requirements;
- performing administrative functions, including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development, credit scoring and staff training;
- managing our rights and obligations in relation to external payment systems;
- conducting market or customer satisfaction research;
- developing, establishing and administering alliances and other arrangements (including rewards programs) with other organisations in relation to the promotion, administration and use of our respective products and services;
- developing and identifying products and services that may interest you; and
- (unless you ask us not to) providing you with information about other products and services.
To be a member of a credit union the Corporations Act requires us to obtain your name and address. If a facility for which you make application to us is an 'account', as defined in the Financial Transactions Reports Act 1988, the collection by us of some information to verify your identity and address is required by that Act. Otherwise, the collection of information about you is not required by law, but without it, we may not be able to provide you with the facility for which you apply.
Where personal information which we collect about you is sensitive information (such as information about health status, membership of a professional or trade association or a criminal record), you nevertheless consent to its collection by us.
Providing Your Personal Information to Other Organisations
In providing products and services to you it may be necessary for us to provide your personal information to other organisations with which we conduct business. You agree that we may collect personal information about you from, and disclose it to, the following, even if the disclosure is to an organisation overseas and that organisation is not subject to the same privacy obligations which apply to us:
- reporting agencies;
- other financial institutions;
- mortgage insurers used by us and reinsurers of any mortgage insurer;
- our agents, contractors and external advisers (including Cuscal Limited) whom we engage from time to time to carry out, or advise on, our functions and activities;
- your agents and contractors, including your finance broker, legal adviser, financial adviser, builder and settlement agent;
- your executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or attorney;
- your referees, including your employer;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- any person who introduces you to us;
- other organisations (including Cuscal Limited) with whom we have alliances or arrangements (including rewards programs) for the purpose of promoting our respective products and services, and any agents used by us and our business partners in administering such an arrangement or alliance;
- anyone supplying goods or services to you in connection with a rewards program associated with a facility;
financial advisors with whom we have an agreement to provide financial advice to our members;
debt collecting agencies;
- external payment systems operators;
- your insurers or prospective insurers and their underwriters;
- your sureties and guarantors and prospective sureties and guarantors;
- an organisation proposing to fund the acquisition of or acquire, any interest in any obligation you may owe us (whether under a loan, guarantee or security), that organisation's agents, persons involved in assessing the risks and funding of the acquisition and, after acquisition, the purchaser and any manager;
- any person to the extent necessary, in our view, in order to carry out any instruction you give to us; and
- (unless you tell us not to) our related bodies corporate for the marketing of their products and services.
Your personal information is only provided to those entities to the extent that it is necessary to enable us to provide our products and services to you, and to the extent that is required by law.
Personal Information About Third Parties
You represent that, if at any time you supply us with personal information about another person (for example, a referee), you are authorised to do so and you agree to inform that person who we are, that we will use and disclose their personal information for the purposes set out above, and that they can gain access to that information.
If you consent to us doing so, we may provide you with information from time to time about new products and services available to you from the Credit Union, or other businesses with which we have a relationship.
Your consent to our providing this information to you will be implied unless you notify us that you do not wish to receive this information. You may do this by contacting our Privacy Officer and advising them that you do not wish to receive marketing information.
|Download PDF version of the Privacy Statement|