Visa Debit Card
A VISA Debit Card provides you with the ability to make purchases at shops, restaurants and other merchants, over the telephone or internet and to access your money from thousands of locations world-wide.
The Visa Debit Card is attached to your S4 Savings Account (or S50 Business Account). You can use your card to access your own savings without incurring any interest charges, or you can apply for an overdraft facility to be attached to your S4 Multi-Access Savings Account to enable you to make purchases on credit, as well, in which case interest charges would apply.
Your Transport Mutual VISA Debit Card carries no annual fee.
Highlights of the Visa Debit Card
- No annual fee
- Quick - Overdraft limit approvals can be usually be made within 24-48 hours
- Simple - you can download the Visa Debit Card application form and complete today
- Simple activation of your card online (in NetTeller internet banking) or by sending us an activation request (usually sent with the PIN)
Guidelines for Ensuring the security of your card and PIN
You will be issued with your own personal identification number (PIN) which is forwarded to you within a few days of receiving your card. Every time you use your card you will be required to enter in your PIN in order to prove that you are the owner of the card/account. It is therefore very important that your PIN is memorised and not stored with your card, for security purposes.
Important SECURITY guidelines:
- Sign the card as soon as you receive it
- Keep the card in a safe place
- Never write the PIN on the card
- Never write the PIN on anything that is kept with or near the card
- Never lend the card to anybody
- Never tell or show the PIN to another person
- Use care to prevent anyone seeing the card and PIN being entered at any ATM/EFTPOS terminal
- Immediately report the loss, theft or unauthorised use of the card to the CARDHOLDER SUPPORT LINE on 1800 648 027, as soon as possible so that your card can be cancelled and a replacement issued
- Keep a record of your card number and the CARDHOLDER SUPPORT Line number with your usual list of emergency numbers
- Examine your periodical statement immediately upon receiving it to identify and report, as soon as possible, any instances where the card has been used without your authority
- Immediately notify us of any changes of address
What if my Card is lost or stolen?
To report a Loss, Theft or Unauthorised Use of the card or PIN, call:
CARDHOLDER SUPPORT LINE (operated 24 hours a day/7 days a week)
Australia wide toll free number: 1800 648 027
Overseas members phone: +61 2 8299 9101
- If you believe the card has been misused, lost or stolen or the PIN has become known to someone else, you must immediately contact us during business hours or the CardHolder Support Line (24 hours/7 days a week) on the number listed above.
- If, for any reason, you are not able to report the card/PIN misuse, loss or theft to the CardHolder Support Line, you must report it to the Credit Union, as soon as possible, during business hours on (02) 8202 8555 (Sydney Metro) or 1300 652 274 (Country areas).
- Your Credit Union will be liable for any losses arising because the CardHolder Support Line is uncontactable, provided that the loss, theft or unauthorised use is reported to the Credit Union, as soon as possible, during business hours.