rt health is the health fund for 53,000 + Australians working in the transport and energy industries. Whether you’re happily single, coupled up, or have a family to support, we offer a range of Hospital and Extras covers to fit your budget and healthcare needs.
We’ve been around for 129 years so we’ve had a long time to get it right.
Back in 1889, a group of mates working on the Sydney railways started pooling their money to help out with medical expenses in case of unexpected illness or injury. That cooperative went on to form Australia's first registered health fund, now known as rt health.
What sets us apart from other health funds?
- Not-for-profit health fund (premiums benefit members rather than shareholders or foreign owners)
- One of 18 Members Own health funds (we’re owned by our members)
- Australian owned and operated (When you call us, you’re speaking to someone sitting in an office in NSW or Qld)
- Personalised service from our Key Account Managers and call centres
- Members can stretch their Extras benefits further at our Healthy Eyes and Teeth clinics in Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane.
What our members think about us
- More rt health members recommend us to their family and friends than any major health fund (Ipsos, Health Care and Insurance, 2017)
- 6,000 + members have been with us for 20+ years
- 2,000 + members have been with us for 50+ years
Switching to rt health is as easy as 1, 2, 3
- You don’t need to speak with your old health fund as we can take care of that for you
- You don’t lose continuity of cover for things you’ve already served waiting periods for (provided you take out a similar level of cover when you switch to us)
- We offer a 30-day money back guarantee – if you change your mind in the first 30 days, and haven’t made any claims, we’ll refund your money!
If you would like to find out more, please give rt health a call on 1300 56 46 46 or visit the website http://www.rthealthfund.com.au/