We collect and use your information for a number of reasons, such as to:
- provide membership benefits, financial services and products or information about those benefits, services and products
- give you information about financial services and products from 3rd parties we have agreements with
- conduct market and demographic research in relation to the products and services our members acquired from us.
We also collect and hold personal information as required by law, for example:
- for our register of members
- to verify your identity
- to assess your capacity to pay a loan.
We collect and use your information:
- when you apply for a loan – to establish your eligibility for a loan and your capacity to repay
- when you have a loan with us – to disclose the following information to a credit reporting body:
- the fact that you have applied for a loan
- details of the loan, when approved
- when payments are due
- whether you have paid on time
- when you actually paid.
We disclose your information to other entities such as
- entities that verify identity
- lawyers, conveyancers, accountants, brokers and agents who represent you
- contractors for statement printing and mail out, card and cheque production, market research or direct marketing
- affiliated product and service suppliers to provide information to you about their services and products
- credit reporting bodies and other financial institutions that have previously lent to you
- persons you use as referees
- for property loans – property valuers and insurers
- mortgage documentation service
- trustee and manager of securitised loan programs
- any proposed guarantor of a loan
- debt collection agencies, lawyers, process servers
- our auditors.
We will also disclose your information to law enforcement and government agencies as required by law.