We have placed the utmost importance in ensuring that your personal details, funds and account information remain secure from unauthorised access.
The Transport Mutual Credit Union employs banking industry standard 128-bit encryption of confidential data sent to and from this site to ensure that no information can be intercepted and read by others. Encryption scrambles the data that is sent on the line to stop people who may try to tap into or hack into Internet communications. The closed padlock on the bottom of the Internet Banking browser page indicates that the Internet Banking site is secure.
Tip: To check that you are using a secure web address, look at the root of the web address following the letters "http://". In a secure site you will see "https://www". The letter "s" signifies that you are accessing a secured address. Unsecured addresses do not include a "s" in the root address, they start with "http://".
In addition, our system has various security features to safeguard your transactions and personal information. These include:
- secure login pages - your access information is encrypted (scrambled)
- member chosen access passwords - you can change your access password at any time
- password anonymity - you are the only person that knows your access password
- the Internet Banking login page is unable to be cached - this means that your personal login information is erased when you leave the login page and cannot be retrieved by anyone else using your computer
- system lock after 3 attempts - if a user enters an access password incorrectly 3 times, Internet Banking will be locked and the account blocked. The system can be unlocked and passwords reset when the Credit Union is contacted and the person is identified as the account owner
- timeouts for session inactivity - your Internet Banking session will time out after 2 minutes if there is no activity with your banking session